Thursday, July 31, 2008

Lake Powell Trip


We LOVE Lake Powell! We have so much fun...boating, swimming, fishing, tubing, surfing, and camping. Kaylee thinks everyone should live there and has decided that she is going to live there when she is a grown-up. She loves jumping off of the boat into the water. We are teaching her to ski. She is such a trooper...she is trying so hard. She has gotten up on the knee board all by herself. She's our little dare devil. I have found my new, favorite activity...surfing. It is so much fun and doesn't hurt when you crash. All of you who have wakeboarded understand. I bite it A LOT when wakeboarding. It's not pretty and it hurts like no other. Brad is , of course, good at everything. My favorite is when he surfs with the kids. I will upload a pic as soon as I get one. He surfs with them between his legs. Kaylee loves it and I think we have convinced Chase that he likes it. This past trip we took Max. He had a blast running free and swimming. Every time the kids jumped in, he wanted to jump in and swim with them. It is so beautiful there. We have so many wonderful family memories from Lake Powell already. We've been blessed with some great family vacations!!!

5 comments:

Casey and Whitney MCkell said...

I used to tell my mom that I was going to live in Lake Powell and I remember her telling me the only jobs there are cleaning houseboats, pumping gas, and of course dumping the boat. I love Lake Powell but I decided a week visit was great!!!

Shari said...

Yeah!!! I am so glad that you guys started a blog, don't tell Brad that I was checking this out at work =). I love your cute family!! Thanks again for the Bear Lake trip!

nicole said...

What a cute blog! Lake Powell sounds like it was wonderful! Now we can keep in touch better! Here's mine too http://www.ohthejoys.com/blog/

Scott and Jen Vincent said...

What a cute blog! You got me inspired to work on mine again! Check out our's at www.scottnjen.blogspot.com. Thanks again for dinner---let's get together again soon!

Shari said...

Happy Anniversary!!! I'm sure that you are reading Breaking Dawn as well, so we will have to chat about it as soon as we are both finished!!